Monday, December 19, 2011

Rufus Williams-Thesis Update

Here is my most recent version of my thesis character Rufus Williams. I completed the sculpt in Zbrush and am currently working on the game res version in 3D coat and Maya. The attached picture however was rendered in Zbrush and composited in Photoshop. I was having some trouble getting the displacement maps to act correctly in Maya so I thought this to be a good opportunity to learn how to render in Zbrush. I have to say, I am very pleased with the results. I used BPR to render out the shader, shadows,  AO and mask passes. From there I took the images into Photoshop, composited them and made a few curve adjustments. Fun, fun, fun!

2 comments:

  1. The 3D model looks great! I think your skill is certainly improving by looking how detailed your model was. And it would be good thesis ideas for your thesis paper that you are improving every day with your work. Anyway, what happened to your thesis? Looking how great this model, I bet everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sorry for the uber late reply. I think I'm so used to not seeing comments on my blog that I don't check them and completely missed this one. To answer you question though: Everything went well and I passed my thesis :). Now all I have to do is get a job in this field...

      Delete