Friday, June 8, 2012

a "What Grinds my Gears" moment...




Last night I was robbed. It was around 2am. I was watching what has been promoted as the "most anticipated movie of the year"… Prometheus. But before I go on, Let me say that the story was pretty good and the visuals excellent!  Now, from the start of the film, I enjoyed every minute of it. It wasn't until about an hour and a half later that the crowd and myself were surprised with the most unanticipated event of the film…a blown projector bulb…that just happen to blow at the most suspenseful part of the story. I thought to myself "This has happened before" and waited for a "movie technician" to fix the projector. 20 minutes went by, nothing but a blank screen. A few minutes later, the angry crowd(me included) were greeted by "someone" in an AMC get up followed by another person wearing an AMC "security" get up. Their solution: "We can't fix the projector. It's broke indefinitely. We can't refund your money. Here's a movie pass that NEVER expires. Have a great night." To them, this was a solution. To me…a robbery committed by AMC. Not only did I miss the movie's entire reason for existence…but now I have a choice between coming back to watch the entire film again just to see the last 20 minutes OR wait until it hits DVD so I can appreciate uninterrupted suspense. By the way, my pass expires next year so it does have an expiration date. Now I'll take the time to personally thank AMC for ruining my 3D experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment