I decided that I need to get more texture practice for games so I started working on small items first, i.e props. I chose to model a colt 1911, I already had the necessary references and had an idea on how to model this so I thought it would be good practice to give it a shot again. Today I spent pretty much the whole day modeling, retopologzing, UV mapping and texturing. The textures are at the base level right now. I wanted to try some new tricks with this software called smart normal. In photoshop, I created a pattern to go on the gun. I then exported just the pattern out as a .jpg and brought that into smart normal. Smart normal generates pretty good normal maps of photos. I used that pattern of the normal, overlaid onto my normals created from xNormal and viola, pretty nice pattern for the gun without using ZBrush to sculpt those details in.